Aims and Objectives of WALS:
The aims and objects for which the society is established are as under:
- a) To unite all the Laparoscopic Surgeons and Gynaecologists of the world under
one dais to share their knowledge of Minimal Access Surgery.
- b) To carry out Minimal Access Surgery research and development, so as to afford
Laparoscopic surgeries to the community in a better way,
- c) To found, conduct, establish or take-over research & educational institutions
involved in Minimal Access Surgery.
- d) To encourage the discovery of new Minimal Access Surgical management of
disease and affliction and to investigate and make known the nature and merits of
investigations and findings and research in the field of Minimal Access Surgery and to
acquire any patent and license or other protective devices relating to the results of
any discovery, investigations, findings or researches and to acquire any processes upon
such terms as to manufacture and distribute for charitable purposes of any product
developed, discovered or improved.
- e) To provide, encourage, initiate or promote facilities for the discovery,
improvement or development of new methods of laparoscopic diagnosis, understanding and
prevention and treatment of disease by Minimal Access Surgical procedures.
- f) To fight against malpractice of Laparoscopic surgery by surgeons any where in
- g) To educate the people and make them aware about the advantages of Minimal
- h) To protect the rights of Laparoscopic surgeons and Gynaecologists against any
discrimination and ill recognition.
All the incomes, earnings, movable or immovable properties of the society shall be solely
utilized and applied towards the promotion of its aims and objects only as set forth in the
memorandum of the society and no profit thereof shall be paid or transferred directly or
indirectly by way of dividends, bonus, profits or in any manner whatsoever to the present or
the past members of the society or to any person claiming through any or more of the present
or past member.
No member of the society shall have any personal claim on any movable or immovable
properties of the society or make any profits whatsoever, by virtue of this membership.
- 1. WORLD ASSOCIATION OF LAPAROSCOPIC SURGEONS (WALS)® is an International
- 2. MEMBERSHIP:The membership of the society is open to any laparoscopic
surgeon who has attained the age of maturity; fulfils the terms and condition of the
But the subject to the approval of the Governing Body of the society.
case, if the membership is not approved by the Governing Body of the society, the reason
of refusal shall be communicated to the person / applicant concerned within one month
from the date of refusal.
- 3. ADMISSION FEE AND SUBSCRIPTION: The admission Fee and the Subscription
shall be as under unless
Otherwise revised by the governing body of the society:-
- a) Admission fee 10 USD at the time of admission,
- b) Subscription per year 50 USD.
- c) Life Membership fee 100 USD
TERMINATION OR CESSATION OF MEMBERSHIP:
The governing body of the society shall have the power to expel/terminate a member or/and
members, from the membership of the above society, on the following ground:
- a) On death,
- a) On written resignation
- a) If found to be involved in any anti-social activities ,
- a) If adjudged by any court of law to be a criminal offender,
- a) If found guilty by means of any propaganda of the aims and objects of the
- a) If fail to pay the subscription of contribution for three months,
- a) If has not attended three consecutive meeting ,
- a) If disregards rules & regulations or disobey the decisions of the governing
The decision of the governing body regarding the termination from
GENERAL BODY DEFINED:
All the members of the society will constitute the general body of the society.
- a) Notice:-minimum 15 day notice shall be given to the members, before the date
of general body meeting, enclosing agenda specifying date, time, place and issues to be
- b) Meeting;-general body meeting shall be held once in every year regularly.
- c) Quorum: - the quorum of general body meeting shall be 2/3rd (two-third) of the
total strength of the general body members of the society.
RIGHT & PRIVILEGES OF MEMBERS: All and every member of the society:-
- a) Shall be entitled to participate in meetings, cultural /educational functions
and other lawful gatherings, called /arranged by the society,
- b) Have right to collect the identity card after depositing the required
/prescribed fee (fixed by the governing body of the society form time to time)
DUTIES OF THE MEMBERS: All and every member of the society shall:
- a) Elect the governing body of the society,
- b) Attend the general body meetings regularly,
- c) Give the necessary information to the society, pertaining to any matter which
is necessary to be known by the society,
- a) Strength:-the strength of governing body (including office bearers and
executive member) shall not be less than 7 and not more than 21.
- b) Term:-term of every governing body shall be five years.
- c) Notice:-minimum 7 days notice shall be required for every governing body
meeting of the society but urgent governing body meeting can be called by 24 hour
- d) Quorum:-quorum of every governing body meeting shall be 2/3rd of the total
strength of the governing body (including office bearers and executive member).
- e) Meeting:-governing body meeting shall be held once in three months regularly
(or as and when the governing body of the society may decide from time to time).
- f) Urgent meeting:-the urgent governing body meeting may be called by the 24
hours notice but quorum for the same urgent governing body meeting shall be 2/3rd of the
total strength of the governing body of the society.
FUNCTIONS &POWER OF GOVERNING BODY:
- a) Governing body shall be responsible for the management and administration of
all affairs of the society, and is also authorized to appoint any office bearer
/executive member to look after any particular activity.
- b) All the decisions shall be taken by the majority votes.
- c) The governing body shall have the power as are the powers of the society,
mentioned in the memorandum of the society and in these rules and regulations .the
governing body shall have also the following power;
- d) To prepare plans, projects and programs.
- e) To appoint election officer and his /her power.
COMPOSITION OF THE GOVERNING BODY: The composition of the governing body
shall be as under;
- a) President ..one
- b) Vice-president ...one
- c) General Secretary.......one
- d) Secretary .........one
- e) Treasurer ........one
- f) Executive member .. from two to sixteen.
POWER AND DUTIES OF OFFICE BEARERS :
- a) President: President shall preside over all the meeting of the society.
- b) At the time of voting on any matter/subject (except election), if the total
votes of the groups of members happen to be equal in number, the president has the power
to cast an extra vote to decide the matter /subject.
- c) President shall have the power to allow inclusion of any subject /matter in
agenda for the discussion in the course of proceeding/meeting.
- d) President will sign all the paper/letters, on behalf of the society, to
conduct its correspondences.
- e) vice - president: The vice -president of the society shall enjoy all the power
of the president in his/her absence.
- f) General secretary: General Secretary will summon and attend the meetings of
the governing body and general body. General Secretary will prepare the membership
register as well as the proceeding register to record the minutes of the proceeding of
the governing body meeting and the general body meeting and have them duly signed by the
members who attend the meeting.
- g) Secretary: The secretary shall enjoy all the power of general secretary in
- g) Treasurer: All funds of society shall remain under the care and management of
treasurer. Treasurer shall maintain the accounts of all money which is received and /or
paid by him/her on behalf of the society. Treasurer shall make disbursement in
accordance with the direction of governing body.
RE -ADMISSION: In case, any member of the society is expelled by the
governing body on the reason of non-payment of the subscription, he can be re-admitted,
provided the member concerned pays all up to date dues with the permission of the governing
APPEALS: All the appeals shall be preferred to the general body of the
society and the decision of the general body shall be final.
FILLING UP OF CASUAL VACANCIES: Any casual vacancy amongst the governing
body, shall be filled by the resolution passed by the governing body .such appointment (s)
shall be confirmed by the general body in its coming general body meeting.
ELECTION: General body in its annual meeting will elect its president and
the entire office bearer and also the executive member of the governing body, after every
five years by secret ballot papers or by show of hand as the election officer may decide.
SOURCES OF INCOME: All the income of the society shall be utilized only
for the promotion and upliftment of the aims and object of the society .sources of income of
the society are as under:
a) Admission fee &subscription from the member of the
b) Donation and special contributions.
FINANCIAL YEAR: Financial year of society shall start from 1st April to
31st march, every year.
AUDIT: The accounts of society shall be audited by the qualified auditor
(chartered accountant) every year.
MANAGEMENT OF FUNDS & ACCOUNTS OPERATION: Bank accounts shall be operated
by joint signatures of treasurer and any one out of president and general secretary.
ANNUAL LIST OF GOVERNING BODY: Once in every year a list of the office
-bearer and the executive members (of the governing body) shall be filed in the office of
the registrar of societies, Delhi as it is required under section 4 of The Societies
Registration Act, 1860.
DISSOLUTION: If the society needs to be dissolved, it shall be dissolved
as per-provisions lay down under the secs.13 &14 of The Societies Registration Act, 1860, as
applicable to National Capital Territory of Delhi.
LEGAL PROCEEDINGS: Society may sue and/or sues in the name of PRESIDENT
as per provisions laid down under sec .6 of The Societies Registration Act, 1860, as
applicable to National Capital Territory of Delhi.
AMENDMENT: Any amendment in memorandum, rules and regulations will be
carried out in accordance with section 12 &12-a of The Societies Registration Act, 1860, as
applicable to national capital territory of Delhi.
APPLICATION OF THE ACT: All the provisions under all the sections of The
Societies Registration Act, 1860, as applicable to national capital territory of Delhi,
shall be applicable to this society.
ESSENTIAL CERTIFICATE: Certified that, this is the correct copy of the
rules and regulations of the society named Worlds Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons